Dear reader, we are in the process of moving to a new redesigned website for all our stories. During this transition time,
- Mumbai Buzz: Navi Mumbai’s first metro | Smog tower idea dropped and more…
This week in Mumbai: Navi Mumbai’s first metro; Surge in mumps cases; Electric water taxis; Smog towers idea dropped and more…
- Increasing AC trains is cool, but reducing non-AC trains not done, say passengers
Western railways adds AC trains to its fleet, a welcome move for some but many passengers rue the reduction in non-AC services to accommodate AC ones.
- Explainer: Why is the Coastal Regulation Zone so important for Mumbai’s well-being?
The CRZ was formed to protect coastal ecology and environment but subsequent amendments raise concerns about risks to our fragile coasts.
- Abandoned and rejected: Elderly destitute have nowhere to go
Support systems for senior citizens are lacking on many counts, but it gets much worse if the elderly are destitute and abandoned on the streets by their families.
- Mumbai Buzz: Mumbai AQI drops | Partial opening of coastal road by Feb and more…
This week in Mumbai: Mumbai AQI drops; HC allows 3 hour window for firecrackers; BMC gives coastal road update and more…
- GMLR project approval brings eviction worries for tribal families
Approval of GMLR project including the underground tunnels near protected forests and tribal villages raises questions about ecology and livelihoods.
- Tribal family’s battle to protect ancestral farmland
A tribal family in Aarey is fighting to keep their ancestral farmland, a struggle shared by many tribal families in the city.
- Time to seriously implement already-existing solutions to make monsoons bearable, says a young citizen
Collective action by the BMC and citizenry is crucial for overcoming rain-related problems and making monsoons magical again.
- Mumbaikar’s answer to monsoon woes: Consume less, recycle more
Recycling plastic and consuming less at individual level will take us a long way in monsoon management, says a proactive Mumbaikar.
- Mumbai Buzz: MU launches four-year degrees | HC issues notices for rising pollution and more…
This week in Mumbai: University launches four-year degrees for non autonomous colleges; HC issues notices as pollution worsens and more…
- Monsoon memoirs: Wading through challenges with Mumbai’s spirit and innovation
Monsoons can add to our blues, but the adversities can also present opportunities to make the city better, says a hopeful Mumbaikar.
- Citizens seek judicial intervention for rising air pollution in Mumbai
A group of citizens have approached the High Court urging for judicial intervention to deal with rising air pollution in Mumbai.
- Mumbai is a friendly city, now only if it could also be age-friendly…
Daily lives of senior citizens in not-so-age-friendly Mumbai can be improved drastically if mobility and safety measures are put in place.
- Mumbai Buzz: BMC to tackle rising air pollution | 290 slum cluster redevelopment and more…
This week in Mumbai: BMC takes steps to tackle rising air pollution, State seeks approval for 290 slum cluster redevelopment in Mumbai and more..
- Clouds of sustainability challenges around solar energy
Management of sustainability issues such as disposal of discarded solar panels will decide how green the energy source is in coming years.